- Last update: 14 Feb 2021
- Version: 1.9.6
- Size: 7.4 MB
- Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Author: Robert Chin
- Content rating: Rated 12+ for the following:
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
Accessing Wikipedia has never been faster and easier than with Wikipanion, designed for easy, search, navigation and display of Wikipedia entries. Streamline your browsing with history grouped by visit date, and bookmarking that not only bookmarks individual entries, but individual sections within an entry. Featuring intelligent features such as:
- Table of contents browser that knows where you are in the page
- Multiple search methods including Smart completion with entry preview, Google searching and a full text Wikipedia search
- Dual language searching and language switching (hiding languages you don't care about)
- Bookmark, including bookmarking individual sections of pages
- History, grouped by last visit date
- Full in-page searching
- Wiktionary dictionary term looking without leaving the current page
- Table based category browsing
- iCloud syncing
- Image saving to the Photo library
- Ogg vorbis audio playback for dictionary pronunciations and other audio content available on Wikipedia
- Contextual knowledge for sending links to specific sections in a Wikipedia entry
- Easily turn on automatic focusing of the search field on launch
Tip: To scroll to the top of a Wikipedia entry, hit the title bar at the top of the iPhone's screen (this works in Safari too).
Second tip: Click into the search bar to cancel a page load request.
See the Wikipanion web site for more details about all of the available features.
Wikipanion is advertisement free.
Is there a Wikipanion app for Android?
Yes, there is. But better search for Wikipedia on Google Play Store.
How can I get a Wikipanion download file?
You can get it on Google Play Store, Apple Store, Microsoft Store.
How useful is the Wikipanion app?
Wikipanion is a Wikipedia reader that helps you access Wikipedia faster and easier. It is designed for navigation, search and display of Wikipedia entries.
Can I use my iPhone to download Wikipedia app?
Of course! Just check the App Store to download.
Is Wikipedia app for PC available?
Definitely! Open your current PC browser and type in Wikipedia. You will be directed to the official site.
Is there a Wikipanion Windows download option?
Yes, there is. Check the Microsoft Store for the app.