Everything You Want to Know About Triller
TikTok, which has grown to become a favorite app of people who love video sharing, is currently banned in India. Even though Trump’s efforts to ban the Chinese-owned social media app in the U.S. are now put on ice, the threat hasn’t vanished yet. With all this instability and political embroilment, the interest in TikTok alternatives has grown. Triller is currently among the leading apps that are almost the ultimate TikTok clones. In this post, we’ll take a closer look at what else Triller is. Keep reading for more details.
A Closer Look at Triller
Triller was launched over six years ago but began gaining popularity only in 2020. Triller owes its success largely to its cooperation with top-level industry leaders such as Spotify, Sony Music Nashville, Warner Bros Records, etc. Just like TikTok, it’s a social video app used for watching and creating short videos that can be effortlessly adjusted with in-app features. As you upload a video via Triller, other users can add comments to it, share it, or transfer the music from it to their own video content. That sounds pretty much like TikTok, don’t you think?
Along with multiple similarities between the two apps, there are some important differences:
- TikTok allows its users to edit videos manually, while Triller utilizes AI-backed video editing functionality, meaning it edits video content automatically;
- via Triller, users can pull full songs, while TikTok is limited to only fifteen seconds;
- content-wise, TikTok utilizes AI for showing videos related to what you fancy. Triller’s approach differs: it promotes new or highest-rated videos;
- Triller doesn’t feature ads yet. Instead, it is now more concentrated on giving creators the freedom of crowdfunding, as well as earning money from partnerships and advertisers;
- naturally, the two apps are different in terms of their popularity: TikTok boasts two billion downloads and over 100M active users in the USA, while Triller claims over 60M active users.
In their essence, the two applications were created with different aspects in mind. Triller was made to serve as a music video tool, while TikTok was made as an alternative to Musical.ly but then devoured it and, over time, metamorphosed into service for short-form fun. The most prominent distinction between TikTok and Triller lies in the fact that Triller edits video content for the user, which results in a major shift in user engagement during the content creation process.
Promoting Your Brand on Triller: Yay or Nay
Triller grants companies the possibility of showing off their brand via short videos. Furthermore, with its crowdfunding tool, the app makes monetizing content a walk in the park. Just like TikTok, Triller is a great instrument for increasing exposure on social media. By making the most of the application, influencers and brands successfully promote their products.
If your target audience is represented by young, US-based video content enthusiasts, then influencer marketing on Triller might be right up your street. Triller is successfully dominating on the basis of TikTok’s shaky standing in India and the US, cementing itself as one of its strongest rivals. Because Triller hasn’t officially formed its advertising system yet, influencer marketing can be a fantastic asset for brands aspiring to boost engagement and sales.
Cutting to the Chase
While we are wondering why all these trending social media platforms start with the letter ‘T,’ it feels good to keep yourself up to speed on what’s out there that could offer some social media fun, along with new effective ways to expand your audience. Let it all out in the comments below if you have anything to add on Triller. Do you use it? How do you like it?