SharePlay Available on iOS 15 Beta 2
On June 24, Apple released iOS 15 Beta 2 which finally features the first version of the SharePlay function for user testing. We’ve already had our hands on it and here’s what it’s like.
SharePlay lets you share your iPhone screen, stream the same songs, movies, and other content with another user. All you have to do is make a FaceTime call and do one of the following things during the call:
- Start streaming on Apple TV;
- Play a song on Apple Music;
- Tap the Share Screen button in the right upper corner of FaceTime.
Soon, third-party apps will also be able to integrate with the feature. HBO Max, Disney+, and Spotify are already confirmed. The full list of features currently includes:
- Watch Together – for watching TV and movies via FaceTime together with your friends;
- Listen Together – for sharing music and listening together during calls;
- Screen Sharing – lets you demonstrate apps and web pages during calls;
- Synced Playback – syncs playback controls on all devices in the call;
- Smart Volume – an automatic audio adjustment that improves the voice quality of your friend in loud and messy sound scenes;
- Multi-device – HomePod and Apple TV streaming is available when you make FaceTIme call on your iPhone.
What do you think about the upcoming SharePlay feature? Will it be useful enough for you? What would you like to see in it? Share your thoughts and spread the link on social media.