The Ultimate Great Clips Online Check-In Guide
Great Clips is one of the most recognizable hair salons in the United States and Canada. The first salon was opened on September 22, 1982. Only imagine that it was almost 40 years ago! Since then, the net of the salons has been expanding and thousands of new points were opened. Today, there are more than 4 100 locations in two countries: the United States and Canada. Several years ago, they released a new feature Great Clips check-in, let’s take a closer look at what it is, its purpose, and how you can use it today.
What is a Great Clips Online Check-In Service?
What is your most valuable resource? Money? Your social connections? Maybe the property you own? People who work in the Great Clips salons think that it is time. Just think about how much time you spend not on such activities on nursing procedures, as in the queues waiting. Therefore, in 2011, Great Clips launched a new service — online check-in, the main purpose of which is to reduce the time of waiting. Since that, salons’ clients can:
- Check the estimated wait times;
- Using the Great Clips locator feature find the nearest salon to them;
- Get exclusive special deals and discounts;
- Select hair service;
- Add their name to a waiting list (make an online check-in).
Great Clips Application
You can make an online check-in using your browser or application. If you prefer the first way, just visit the Great Clips official site and go to the “Online check-in” section. The instruction on how to check-in on the site is placed just under this block. Let’s talk a little bit more about the company’s app.
The Great Clip’s application is known as a stable and reliable platform. It was downloaded more than 3 million times on two platforms: Android and iOS. According to the Great Clips analytic center, the app is used at least by 20% of its customers. You can find the title on:
- Apple Store in the Lifestyle category (at the time of writing, the application was included in the list of 50 best titles in this category);
- Google Play. It is also listed in the Lifestyle category.
How to Online Check-In on the Site?
As we mentioned before, there are two ways to make an online check-in. The first one is by using the website and another — through the application. In this section, we want to dwell on the first variant. Follow our step-by-step guide to make the check-in fast.
- Visit the official Great Clips website.
- To access the check-in service:
- Click the button “Find a hair salon or check-in” in the bottom left corner;
- Scroll down and see the block “Great Clips online check-In”
- If you want to read more, just follow the link “What is Online Check-in?” inside this block. Then, tap the button “Try online check-in”.
- See a full salon’s address;
- Check the phone and available directions;
- See the salon working hours.
How to Online Check-In Through the Application?
In our opinion, the application has a more convenient interface to check-in fast and simple. Hence, in our opinion, it is a recommended way.
- Download and install the application on your mobile device (note that the Great Clips Online Check-in app is only available on the Android and iOS platforms).
- On the main page, press the big blue button “Check-in.”
- Then you will see a map with all the salons and the estimated wait times. Do not forget to allow the application to use your current location. Also note that the estimated time can change: it is calculated according to the client number and the time needed to serve them by specialists. As these two factors can change, the estimated time is also adjustable.
- Choose the salon.
- Enter your personal information: name and phone number. That’s all! If you want to bring your friends or family, just click the “+” button.
How to Cancel Check-In?
Sometimes you need to cancel your online check-in. For these cases, we prepared a quick guide on how to do it. Do not worry, it is even simpler than the check-in process!
- After the check-in, you need to return to the Home page.
- Then, tap the green pin to open the map with salons.
- You need to find the Great Clips salon where you just made the check-in and press its name. One hint: your salon will be green while others blue.
- After that, you will see the red button “Cancel Check-in”. Tap it and confirm your decision. No payments will be charged.
Other Important Information
Here, we placed other important information that can be useful. First of all, the Online Check-in feature is not opened round the clock. It is only available during the salon working hours and opens after the five minutes the salon starts to work. It is made to allow people who wait from the early morning to check-in first. The Online Check-in service closes 30 minutes before the salon’s closing time. Sometimes, the salon has a lot of clients and the Estimated Waiting Time is very long. In such cases, Online Check-in becomes temporarily unavailable.
If you face any problem or question, you can always connect the salon’s support team. Here are the contacts:
- Phone number: 1-800-473-2825;
- E-mail: email@example.com.
Do not forget that the waiting time is just an estimated parameter. Sometimes, the master becomes free earlier. So, our advice is to come to the salon 10-15 minutes earlier than your appointed time.
Have You Already Tried It?
As you can see, the Online Check-in service is really simple and fast! You can do it through the website or application. But do not forget that with the installed app on your device, you get more benefits, such as an exclusive coupon for Great Clips. Have you already tried this service? What are your impressions? Share with us in the comments below.